This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 6, 2017

Clowning Videos

The videos were very interesting to watch.  I loved the Mr. Bean video.  I have always loved his work.  His ability to make it look like the drums were actually there was amazing!  It reminded me of when we were clowning with props.  I noticed that he had a space between his fingers for the drumsticks just like we talked.  In "Regards of the Flight," Bill Irwin as I talked about in my paper uses dance and his flexibility.  I also liked the way he used an audience member.  Irwin's body movement is special.  I really have never seen anyone like him.  His flexibility is amazing.  The Olympics for People with No Sense of Direction was hilarious.  It was a simple, yet effective clowning.  Charlie Chaplin's movement is so timely and precise.  His dance with the referee was so in time, choreographed, and rehearsed.  It was fantastic.  The Bar Routine was pretty funny.  The way he landed on his back at the end was done so well.  He knew exactly how to land to not get injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment