This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 13, 2015

"A brand neeeewwww car!"

The Price Is Right episodes from the 80's cracked me up so much. The models reminded me of those toys that only have 3 phrases to say before they start to repeat themselves. I noticed 3 main movements with the girls. If you ever wanted to become one of those models, see the steps below and ALWAYS remember: Its not about you, its about making the prize look good.

1. Frame the object with your arm and hand gestures

2. Pet the object

3. Smile and wave with a hand on you hip

4. Repeat

At first glance, the models seem to be engaged, but after looking at their faces, I could tell that their brains were not always with the shiny new station wagon. They look less interested half an hour into the show.

Also, I did some research because I was curious and Bob Barker has a had a ton of lawsuits filed against him by models from the show for sexual harassment charges. Not cool, Bob.

- Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment