This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 27, 2015

Character Image and Readings



Both the Comedy of Manners and the Personal Body Spaces were cool. Comedy of Manners gave a lot of information on the working of comedy of manners and a good plenty of examples. Personal Body Spaces was beyond fascinating. I never realized we held so much space in so many different ways. It makes sense, I just never thought about it that way. An audio and vocal sphere makes sense once you think about it. Would have never called that personal space, though.

I dance. Not professionally and gods know I don't take lessons any more, but I took ballet when I was little and my body retained the ability to find the music and move with it. My mom does social country dance regularly so she's taught me the two step, a handful of line dances, and other dances. My youngest brother does ballroom so I've had a bit of a taste of those dances as well, though I am less familiar with them. The chapters in the book - well, the first chapter in the book was understandable and helpful. The dances would be different for on and off stage. Different layout, different reading. The dances in the book were interesting to read. I liked the dialogue with the Questions For the Experts. It was nice to see more than just a single opinion about things. The Rehearsal Notes were a good reminder for what we had learned as well as a nice introduction to what we're starting.

Also, I'm gonna be late. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment