This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 16, 2017

Creative questions

Range of movement:  Range in movement physically, mentally and emotionally can be unlimited. Anything can be done with one’s ability. It can be limited by an image as to one can see one can only see so much. Some ways to be available are to know what it is that can be done in terms of movement.
Seeing others: Movement can be interpreted by others in a different way. What may be normal others may be unique to others. Movement is free anytime that there are no restrictions. It may not be appropriate during work unless it must do with acting.
Relating to others: I can move like a normal person and show that I’m serious and productive. Having straight posture can show confidence. Some ways of moving that show distance are moving away from someone fast. Some ways to produce communication are eye contact and simply moving close to the person.
Body awareness: The parts of the body I’m familiar with are hands and arms. Some I’m not familiar with are stomach neck and spine. Body movement can relate to feelings and awareness and emotions and possibly intentions.
Flexibility: In my mind, I’m flexible by thinking about what I’m I going to do now and how will it affect me latter. In my body, I’m flexible by stretching out my muscles.
Spatial awareness: For the most part I’m able to be comfortable in space but maybe not externally. I can say that I’m able to make space when appropriate and when necessary. It can sometimes be hard to make choices with space when others are around.
Sensitivity: It is easy to know when to stop doing something by looking at others. It can be hard to know when to back off in certain situations.
Openness and availability: I like to open my mind to new ideas and try them out. When I find out the new idea works I may tell others about it and open a world of opportunities.
Engagement and follow through: Depending on the activity it can be a little hard to focus if I have distractions. As far as committing to an activity depending on it it will be hard to stay on top of it but it will get done eventually.
Creative problem solving and imagination: I look at scenarios of what can happen and envision what I can do along with following the rules. I use my brain and look in my mind with some possibilities that can potentially work.
Creative play: I like learning about myself as well as learning about others. Sometimes it is interesting learning about what people go through in life.
Spontaneity: I’m stuck in acting like a normal person. It is kind of hard to act like someone else if I’m not in their shoes.
Adventurous and daring: I do what I have to do to get what it is needed and will do new things. I’m somewhat of a risk taker and learn what I have done to get there.
Expressiveness: I probably express myself in a negative way and it is not good. The way I walk can kind of tell what mood I’m in.
Musicality and rhythm: My rhythm is mono. If I adapt to a different tempo I will study it to better mimic it.
Tension and release: I’m holding and it has gotten me in trouble.  In my mind, it can be hard or tight to know why it happen and how to move on with life.
Breath: I’m pleased to say that I do breathe freely. When I get angry though it is very hard to breath and control myself.

Application: Learning about my bod is a great way to tell where I’m heading in life it can tell others my story. Arts can help better tell a story and help me stay in line with life and keep me out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment