This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 9, 2017

Creative writing question

Kelcee Covert
Stage Movement
Creative Writing Questions
1. Range of Movement: I think range of movement really depends of our openness to change, exploration, and creativity. Opening up to more possibilities of movement and boundaries allow us to explore the possibilities of our own bodies and potential.
2. At this point in our class, I feel like any time we are all observing each other, we are still holding back. I don’t think our movement is entirely free yet because we are still getting used to each other and the idea that we are in a space where exploration will happen and to not feel strange about it. I think we are getting a little freer and open when the activity is more fun and light.
3. I think exercises where we are using different character features allow us to attract people who are doing similar movements to us. In turn, I think they distance us from those who are doing opposing movements and character styles. It creates a really interesting contrast. 4. I feel like I am more comfortable with the lower half of my body. I use my legs more solidly than my arms and upper torso. I’m a little still and unyielding to expression in those areas. I feel like I’m maybe not as emotionally open in those areas as well. 5. I’m reasonably flexible in my body, and working to increase that. Im also working to increase flexibility of the mind so I can allow myself to explore more boundaries and movements. 6. I feel like I am pretty comfortable with my special awareness and use in relation to others. 7. I think I am very acute to the appropriate timing of movement and expression. 8. Right now, I am working to be more open and available to new experiences and possibilities. My insecurities get in the way at times. But I think I will be able to move past that successfully in time. 9. Creative play- I love being able to find new boundaries for myself. I also get frustrated when I can’t do the things as well as I anticipated, but I like find different ways to do things.
10. I think I am a little locked in habit for sure, but I am wanting to be able to explore more. 11. I usually feel okay about looking for new opportunities in movement and exploration. 12. Being expressive in my movements is something I am working very hard to do. I thinks it’s one of my biggest struggles and I hope to find a way to overcome it by the end of this class. 13. I am very good at finding musicality and rhythm in my movements. 14. I am usually very stiff and unsure in movement. I need to work on being more free flowing and loose. 15. I think I tend to hold my breathe with the tension in my body. If I release my body more, my breathe will follow in a way that allows me to move more freely. 16. I think that being able to be more flexible in my movement and confident in my gesture and style will really open up more potential acting opportunities and expression I have been suppressing in the past. I want to be able to move without as many insecurities and second guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment