This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Jan 31, 2014

Creative Movement Qs

Kayla Mally
Flexibility: I have a weird range of flexibility; because my mind, body, and spirit all have very different ranges. Physically I can never seem to get very flexible, even when I was a gymnast in elementary school. The left side of my body especially refuses to become flexible. My mind is decently flexible, though I tend to get stuck into certain modes of thought that take awhile to break out of. I am most flexible spiritually, having adopted methods of meditation long ago and combining them with theatre I can twist and bend as much as I see fit.
Barely more flexible than this guy... I can at least touch my toes.... With slightly bended knee

Creative Play: I have problems having fun just letting go and moving freely. I would rather someone tell me how to move and add my own spin to it than come up with my own movements completely. It takes a specific place in my mind to do something and not care at all what people think (Or even just what the random outcome could be).

Tension and Release: I am definitely holding. I can let go most parts of my body but where I hold tension has yet to completely let go. I am too tight in my jaw, neck, and back/shoulder areas, and the only place I would think to be too loose is in my core (As a singer I struggle with loose and free breathing while using my core as support to hold myself up). I honestly have yet to find a way to become very free and loose permanently but am able to become precise with a lot of repetition/practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment