This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

May 3, 2014

Creative Movement Questions, Round 2

Here are my three favorite questions/answers. The answers in black are my original answers from the beginning of the semester, the ones is red are my current answers/ updated thoughts.



Relating to others:
Our gestures and proximity can affect others. Being too close can be uncomfortable for some as can standing face to face.  Open arms with palms up is a way to invite someone in or portray your information in a positive way. Crossed arms or downward movement can look closed off or bring the energy down.
Moving can produce distance or closeness just by turning the body. Facing away from someone, no matter how close you are creates a feeling of distance.

Engagement and follow through:
It all depends on the activity.  I do like to try new things and sometimes I find that they are not right for me. I will usually know this almost immediately and remove myself from the activity.  If I chose to continue something new, it means that I am enjoying it and I will go all-in and stick with it ‘til the end.
At this point, I am 100% down with the follow through.  Many changes are afoot in my life and I think they are showing in my stage presence as well. I could work on my engagement for sure. I have been letting life stress interfere with how present I am in class. Sorry guys.

Tension and release:
Good question. Depends on the day and the task.
When I don’t know my lines, I am stressed and this shows in my movement.  I can not find a way to be loose if I am uncomfortable because I don’t know what I am supposed to be saying.



No comments:

Post a Comment