This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 16, 2015

Memories of clowns


My favorite part of the clown Olympics was seeing everyone in the class take it so seriously because there was no clowning around when it came to having fun. I enjoyed how my group let everyone talk and take part in the actual event of planning the clown fishing event and no one clown overrode anyone else. I liked in our clown fishing event the opening scene the best were each clown got to take the stage in their own particular way. This gave us a chance to work on our very own unique entrance that let the audience see expressions of ourselves while still meeting stage movement expectations. I rolled.

The clown Olympics the other group displayed concerning the shot put and other events was truly inspirational. Some of the most fun clown movements occurred when the miming aspect became so straining to the clown you could actually see their entire body working and straining. Again, I like how this clown performance gave each clown, their own chance to have the spot light. From the miming of track and field to actually forming a physical pyramid, I saw some great clowns using their bodies honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment