This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 16, 2015

The Clownlympics

My father did a lot of clowning when he was in college, it was his favorite thing, and he shared it with me but I never really was able to appreciate it until I could study it for myself. The clown Olympics was that moment for me, when I was finally really able to appreciate the craft that it took, it was fun and freeing and I loved every second of it.

The first group (my group) had so much fun with all the ideas that we could not decide on just one event for our Olympics. We decided to do several and they were all so fun to do. We all had our individual ideas and the issues that came along with them, as did the group that chose to go fishing! We were all entirely engaged with our bodies, even when we had no props but our hats, and everything was very believable! The first group used the different stage-falls, some rolls and jumps, and the second group used some jumps, and cartwheels (just the ones I remembered). Everyone had their own unique characters and employed many of the techniques we learned in this class.

There was not a moment I did not enjoy from last week's class. Wish all classes at Metro could be half this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment