This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 16, 2017

Reading Responses as of March 16,2017

Chapter 4
 It is amazing that some exercises can actually help you play instruments much better and help when developing characters. There are different types of energies buoyancy radiancy. I do seem to have the radiancy of alertness which can help in my life and on the stage. It has helped me with portraying characters who are curious.

Price is right models

It is amazing how the gestures of the models are different when bob Barker was the host. Now it seems like they really focus on the product and smile more there are even male models today interesting.

Period of dance.
Dance has come a long way and is a way of expression that is very interesting. I feel it is very beneficial to stretch and warm up before doing any dance so the posture is nice and straight other wise an injury can and will occur!


Posture and alignment

This reading was really fascinating on how our spine functions when we do everyday tasks. Now when I do these tasks I will definitely think about what my body is doing. I noticed that a lot of people tend to slouch and it is harming the body.

Ch 13

Having a spatial sphere kind of reminded me of  playing tennis having to beware of where the ball could end up or will it be out of bounds.With the vocal sphere I just picture rappers yelling it the studio and going at it in a rap battle. It is king of hard to use the spherical space at times but it sure is possible.

 Theatrical stillness
This is a challenge with me I have to be really focused on the task at hand. It is tough for most but it is very important because it can help in many situations. Stillness can be a powerful thing and not just movement.

Ch 3 stage combat.
This read was amazing. The warm ups can really help coordinate the body better and this reminds me of a yoga class that I once took. Doing moves wrong can really take a toll on your body and I have seen it first hand it is not pretty. It is very important to get low before doing any fall or roll it is a golden rule that should never be forgotten.

Be a clown
I had no idea that there were different types of clowns. As a kid I loved clowns and at one time wanted to do this type of work. I have heard of the white face and it was a France thing. I agree that timing is a necessary ingredient for a good laugh. Also you can tell a story with no words just use your facial expression and body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment