This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 10, 2017

Rivals Review

Kelcee and Nicole.

I enjoyed the relationship these two had. You can tell that Kelcess character has heard this rant from Nicole before. Also really enjoyed the prop usage it really pulled me into the time frame of the scene.

Emily and Kristin

I loved Emily facial expressions and her landing on Kristin's lap. The scene shift where the focus came on Kristin's also went really well!

Evan and Brandon
I felt the relationship was very strong in this scene. I felt it could even get stronger with more movement around the space.

Max and Alison.

I really enjoyed the physicality that both Alison and Max did to communicate the characters. I enjoyed that Alison really leaned on her subtext to show what is really going on it added the comedy.

Cassie and Fabian.

Great use of the letter prop. Fabian had my favorite costume of the group and I think it really helped him stay in character. Cassie facial expressions sold it for me when Fabian was reading the letter.

Will and Amanda.
The scene I felt had a really nice flow and they played up the back and forth pull of the emotional turmoil these characters had which was quite fun to watch.

Ron and Octavio
I liked the way the showed status difference with the characters. I like Rons shift of I hate you to I have a son again! Octavio was also really solid at playing along and being low status even though hes getting what he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment