This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 18, 2014

Clown Olympics

Group 1 (Darcy, Kayla, and Rachel):

I really feel like this group a great job in terms of using as many actions as possible.  The group really took charge in demonstrating what clowning was in a technical sense.  Personally I felt that it was a little long, but I enjoyed it.  One thing that I did not understand was the miming conversation that Darcy and Rachel had after Kayla decided to quit.

Group 2 (Eli, JD, Jess):

This group was very successful when it came to clowning through the physicality.  Each of the members knew exactly what kind of clown (or person) they were portraying, and they allowed the hats to illustrate those characters for us as well.  One of my favorite parts was when Jess was doing the relay race, when Eli did his shot-put, and when JD tried to catch his body from the fall on the map.  I think I enjoyed these parts because those are the moments when the characters really seemed to be set in stone.  There was a point towards the Mid-End where the energy dropped a bit, but the group picked it back up.

Group 3 (Melissa and me):

I think that my group did a great job of telling a story.  One of the things that I could have improved on was incorporating more clowning actions into my routine.  We had them in the story, but it was mostly Melissa who had the actions.  In a way it worked for our characters, but I still feel as though I could have done more.  I did enjoy our length though.

No comments:

Post a Comment