This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 18, 2014

Clownlympics

JD, Jess, Eli
I loved this. There was something very classic about the way they set up the entire scene. JD always seems to have a strong, hilarious character (Comedia del arte HOHOHOHO.... or however you would spell that laugh lol) and everything was timed well. I agree Eli could have committed more to the bit where he took a really long time to throw the discus and as the person doing the drumroll I got sick of that bit more quickly than everyone else ;)

Melissa and Kalond

I appreciated the spin they took on this, seeing as it's hard to have an olympic event with only two people that could hold a story/audience. Not gonna lie, I'm not sure if it was because I was exhausted but I missed the burglary thing. Once Jenn said that was what they did I needed Jess to use the triangle for MY realization lol. Very well done.

Ours

I was pleased with our clownlympics. When Darcy and Rachel came up with the idea of a dog show I was so on board for it. The only downfall was we originally planned on using stuffed animals to be our pets, and the gag would have been that they couldn't have performed because they were, in fact, stuffed animals. So we kind of threw together another opening that we could have fine tuned if we had more time to think about it. Prance, skip, run, Captain Kirk, army crawl, ausomble, sisson, full spin, forward roll, side roll, cartwheel, tuck jump, bridge, crucifix roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment