This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 11, 2014

Video Reactions

Hey guys!
I really liked all of these videos and I noticed that even though every person is different, they all make specific gestures and everyone had a type of unity that worked really well for their character in the realm of clowning.  When it came to Mr. Bean, I loved his use of the drum set and how it slammed on top of his hand.  This worked really well with the traditional clowning due to the fact that it's a simple task to not let the symbols slam on you, but clowns normally kind of mess that common sense up.  Marcel's clown, however, looked very animated and totally different than Mr. Bean's.  I noticed that he used more of his entire body with what he was doing rather than emulating what an object was.  I really felt this worked great and I loved the differences each video had, especially with these two, but the major similarities they had as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment