This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 19, 2015

Comedy of Manners

I am with Tatum when I say that Comedy of Manners is one of my favorite things to play. I personally like to dress well and use manners so it is so fun for me to take that, amplify it, then play out the most ridiculous scenarios. As with Tatum, I really like "Importance of Being Ernest" for it's dry, tongue in cheek, humor. Everyone is trying so hard to stay polite even though they are in a dire or precarious situation. Also, the "Importance of Ernest" is the only show that I really know of, besides "The Rivals", that utilizes comedy of manners. I am sure there are others, but I really do enjoy how Wilde portrayed comedy of manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment