This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 20, 2015

No, YOU be a clown.

I had no idea that there are different types. I thought a clown was a clown was a clown. Now I realize the one I've seen most often is the Auguste style at the circus (or Ronald McDonald). I've probably seen the other kinds in movies or on TV, but I just assumed they were all lumped together in the same category. I also didn't know that hats were so important to creating a clown character. When I think of a costume, I first think of big shoes, billowy pants, scarves, and a red nose. While reading Be A Clown, I got pretty excited to try clowning because I love humor, but I've always used it with the voice and not physically. Now I get to try the other side and I have a feeling this could be my favorite part of class. As a side note for the people in class who are afraid of them, maybe clowning will actually help you feel less scared!

P.S. I really hope I get to try a spit take.

-Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment