This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Apr 16, 2011

clownin'!

This was so much fun and I learned a lot about physical comedy as well as clowning. The first group was the clown race. This was so cute and hilarious! The music choices were great and everyone really got their body involved in the comedy. There were specific characters and I liked the costume choices. They had some really specifc cute moments like with the candy bar, and tripping each other to win the race. It was a good length as well, not to long but just long enough. I though it was a pretty neat idea, I don't think I could have thought it up. The next group was black swan. Aside from not realizing it was supposed to be ice dancing, it was quite hilarious. Some of the movements could have been cleaner and more specific, but overall it was really great to watch to fight between the two ladies. Matt being stuck in the middle was really funny. This was another good one to showcase full body comedy. You can't only ben half active and have this kind of thing work out. The way they coordinated with the music was really nice too. My group was the tightrope walkers. Ours took a little time to get it up on it's feet, but once we got going there were a lot of great ideas. I think we could have tried playing with a taped line on the floor to really be specifc with our walking. I know it's a not an olympic sport, but clowns would definiely have this in their olympics. I really liked the different characters we came up with. Christae being the scared and over cautious one, me being the dumb kind of flitty one, Zak being the kind of el-capitano one, and Jenn being the level headed one. It gave us good dynamics to play off of each other with. I think if we did it again we could try having some music. We thought about having some but then decided it would work without it. It could add a nice element. Overall this unit was really fun and I feel like I learned some great new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment