This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 7, 2014

Chapter 4 BW

Personal Reaction:
I have been hearing a lot about buoyancy,  radiancy, and potency this semester. I first heard it in rehearsal for Urinetown. I found it cool that I was able to link this class right to my experience. I remember doing the wall buoyancy thing years ago so to do it again and to understand what it means is pretty cool. Some of these in depth exercises seem really weird and I think they will be harder to accomplish than it looks. I have to admit that I kept laughing at the illustrations because they all look like weirdly shaped zombies instead of normal people.

Professional Reaction:
Buoyancy, radiancy, and potency characteristics are a great way to start developing a character physically. I think the exercises are important in the way that they make you more aware of your body which in turn will make it a bit easier to control. With continued use of these exercises it will be easier to tap into the natural energy stored in our bodies.


Martin Waugh. 2006. "Liquid Sculpture" http://www.liquidsculpture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment