This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 20, 2014

MA Part 4 Responce

For my character Lucy I would say these would be adequate costumes for her:

 


The fact that most dances in period plays are wrong is really interesting. The stretching exercises shown to prepare for the dances seem like good techniques to use outside of preparing for period dances. Overall this text seemed a bit wordy and honestly I don't see myself using some of these techniques. I might try them but I don't dance enough to really put these to much use. The Shakespeare and Moliere sections are a bit useful. I had to read Moliere's play Misanthrope last semester and I have to to be honest the way everything rhymed made it harder to read normally and not fall into a continuous rhythm and it made understanding what was going on difficult.

I think the most important part of this section is all the how-to's given for different subjects. It is a quick down and dirty way of approaching these types of dances and exercises correctly. The timeline of period dances shown in this chapter is useful. It would be horrible for a play that is set in the early renaissance time period to show a dance that was common in the medieval time frame.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiUqQ8DH1UIQBUW4nFwYbOkzWsTr8EpGzrvANH1S5c1Kx03TDGKJawd0dcK3CdSwVVcTLBInYbYSRb4dSrnhRZ9VeUvUCtUI5rAToVb2oeXir3oIfcP_KT9Nc8OEy5TPa1lFqBJ1Qhk8gAX/s400/christmas+holiday+party+with+dancing.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment