This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 14, 2014

Price is Right/Rivals Kayla

Did anybody else notice the fear in the models eyes? Just me? All joking aside.... They were very Disney Princess to me, with flowing arms and dainty poses (Obviously they are a bit more sexual in demeanor than Snow White). I also appreciated one model crossing her arms back and forth over a lemon yellow washer/dryer set.

http://my-retrospace.blogspot.com/2009/07/mini-skirt-monday-17-anitra-ford.html
It was hard for me to get into Rivals, the beginning was certainly not a joy... "Waaah, I'm marrying a rich lady, waaaah girls can't read!" But I eventually got into the humor as I began to recognize the Commedia Dell'arte elements with the young lovers (Jack and Lydia) and I loved the deception from pretending to be poor in order to get a woman to love you versus lying to be rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment