This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 13, 2014

Price is Right & The Rivals

The Price is Right
Let me start by saying I feel like I have more experience with 70's and 80's "The Price is Right" models than most students who would be given this assignment. Yup ... I'm old.  I looked up the 70's and the first one that popped up was from the year I was born, 1975. The models were just as I remembered from the 80's but with worse hair.  All frozen smiles and floofy arms, caressing the objects in a semi sexual manner. I used to be able to do a very good impression of them but I might be a little rusty.

The Rivals
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. On about page two I was rolling my eyes thinking how much I was going to hate this play, but no. It was pretty funny. There were times of dry humor (my favorite) that I could see being hysterical if done by the right actor. In particular, the scene between Absolute and his father when the Dad is throwing a hissy fit telling his Absolute to calm down when he is already calm. Yes, it would be better if I could give you the particular Act, but I can't bare to look through it again at the moment. Nor can I bare to continue typing.

                                          http://www.lileks.com/institute/70s/price/7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment