This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 21, 2014

Hey everyone!!
So this weeks reading is about period dancing and the different styles there are.  I found it highly interesting how very few people really know the dances and the fact that there are so many involved in that one category.  It also amazes me as to how many directors expect their choreographers to teach the dances, which are fairly difficult, in the amount of time it takes them to block a scene.  Apparently, the directors feel that dancing can be learned in an ungodly speed.

Kind of trickling into the next topic of costumes for my character in the Rivals,  I felt Julia would be a little more high class than other people.  A couple of the ideas I had for her outfit were something like these pictures here:











No comments:

Post a Comment