This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 21, 2014

Be A Clown & Ch 3

Be A Clown

I did not realize there was that much information on clowns. It was interesting that clowns could basically be split into three types. I was also surprised about how much thought should be put into finding the right clown hat. I never thought I would be reading something about how to think like a clown. I have to say it is different. I see how a lot of it could be translated into normal acting, especially the part about comedic timing. There are a lot of different takes that can be done. Most of the time when I watch someone doing one of these takes I will laugh or at the very least chuckle a bit.

Ch. 3

I don't think I would normally do any of these stretches during a warm up, but it does make sense to do these ones for the particular tasks that follow in the chapter. It is weird reading about how each of the rolls and falls happen. It is usually easier for me to watch someone do the task and then copy what they did. Basically this chapter covered the movements we have already learnt in class so it wasn't interesting to me to read.

Ringling Bros Circus Clowns
http://media.arkansasonline.com/img/photos/2012/05/31/resized_99265-ringling-bros-circus-clowns_51-15879_t1000.JPG?cc6fa094ad523b984325c7879220d3883a443e7f


No comments:

Post a Comment