This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 7, 2014

MA 27-35

Stillness is interesting. We spend so much time focused on everything that is moving so we something or someone goes still it is noticeable. I really liked the example the book gave of the street performers who would act like statues. I have personally seen this done before. It is fascinating to watch someone so still, to see how they can hold themselves so still for so long is amazing. While reading this I also thought about the Improv Everywhere video where a huge group of people suddenly freeze in a huge crowed. The plays the book talked about where the actor would only move one aspect of themselves sounds interesting. I think it would be cool to watch for a bit but after a while I think I would be really bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment