This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 14, 2014

The Rivals

Melissa and Rachel:

Overall this scene was great, the only thing was Rachel became breathless while running around and I began to lose dialogue. They held their postures appropriately and didn't run into inaccuracies with potential costume pieces (It's easy to forget skirts, etc) due to their blocking, which I thought was smart. The way Melissa was sitting on that couch probably would have been hilarious on a more accurate set piece when she tried to get up. I totally loved the way  Rachel was reacting to Melissa's squeals, they weren't even words anymore haha.

JD and Kalond:

There were huge strides from the both of them character-wise since the preview, especially in JD's performance. They held themselves very well, and adjusted to the fact that their swords had been forgotten. They still carried on as if they were there. The build in tension was great at the end, from both Kalond's character and JD's. Though a part of me still wanted JD to be bigger from the beginning.

Darcy and I:

I was pleased with our scene, though for some reason the word 'prudence' completely disagreed with me in the moment. We tended to forget our skirts and stand close to each other in rehearsal, but I think we overcame that in the final performance. I just wish we could have rehearsed with fans more and added our 'fan language'!


http://www.stageandcinema.com/2012/10/29/the-rivals-actors-gang/

No comments:

Post a Comment