This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 12, 2011

Christae and Sophia
I really enjoyed this scene. Christae has extremely good comedic timing and i loved watching her go from a sweet girl to a spoiled brat. Her fan was very usual, as it was a mirror but she used it very well. Sophia was very good as well and had all of her lines memorized (which is a tough thing with this show) and reacted to Christae very well. I also enjoyed both of the actors physicality with their character and thought their movement was well thought out.


Danielle, Nicole, and Jen:
Oh my gosh girls, how fun was this scene. Danielle, you were so funny! I loved your timing and your vocal quality. I would cast you in that part in a second. Nicole - I loved your physical life and they way you interacted with Danielle - it was lovely to watch your chemistry. Jen, you had great posture and I thought you used your arms very well and I could see your connection with the other girls really well. Good job, such a fun scene.

Zak and Mallory:
Um, what can I say about you guys. You too really took the direction Jen gave in class and flew with it. I thought that not only your British accents were excellent (thank you David Wygant) but your chemistry and timing was unbeatable. The bit with the rose was so. funny. and they way that Mallory then pouted and fanned herself really help enhance the scene. I loved how Zak reacted to her the second and third time when she threw the rose - as if to say, "Really, women, really??" Great job!

My Scene:
Working with Rachel was such a pleasure. We had instant chemistry which worked really well on stage. I do have to admit that Rachel was the one that came up with the idea to have "swooning war" and it really stuck with everyone.

The biggest challenge for me was not to make my character too unrealistic - but still be bigger than life. I opted not to wear a corset for this scene because of being squished in one for Major Barbara for seven weeks I had a good idea of the movement and breathing challenges that one can create. I also will work on my "turtle neck" when listening to the other actors.

Cheers everyone! What a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment