This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Mar 5, 2011

We did have an entry due this week, right?

'cause it's really unusual for me to be up at this hour without anyone else having posted. I am a confuse.

Still life - the shit about Yeats was fascinating. I had no idea he was into theater, and he keeps popping up in my readings lately, from comic books to (apparently) stage movement. Weird, huh? In any case, I can see the power of stillness, but I've yet to see it employed in a very staggeringly interesting way. Well, no, I take it back. I don't remember what play I was watching, but there was one where the characters were standing still, and the fact that they weren't moving drove me nuts with anticipation. When they actually moved (I think it was to kiss? It was either kissing or putting a hand on a shoulder, or something affectionate - this was ages ago), it was like a total relief. The whole moment probably only lasted five seconds, but it felt like an eternity.

I've been playing around with gestures to figure out my persona for the Rivals. The voice came to me right away, but what's appropriate movement has been a challenge. But I'm coming to see that I get an easy job with Sir Anthony: He gets to move quite a bit in the whole of our scene, since he's lost his cool facade long before the scene takes place. Makes it a bit more natural feeling to me when I let him go. The fact that he's with a family member helps as well, so all in all, I'm really glad we chose this scene.

Let's see. Workout log: Once again managed to pinch a nerve in my back, not quite sure how as it wasn't the same exercise this time. Mostly focused on abs, but did quite a bit of walking. I really wish calves were still a sex symbol. I could totally show mine off.

Anywho. I'm going to go take a muscle relaxer and conk out. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment