This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 5, 2011

I remember reading something that reminded me of the New Flute when I was a kid, but it wasn't until reading the homework that I really thought about the story being applicable to me. I think it's interesting that artists talk a lot about suffering for growth but that it's a release from the idea of suffering that can make you better at your craft, whatever it is.

The body works reading was interesting, because I think a lot of young actors begin to create buoyancy, radiance, and potency in a character without realizing they're doing it or how. The reading provided a definite physical process for how to create the illusion of these. It was harder to get lost in that while reading, but now it's something to keep in mind every time I do any physical character work.

It made me think of in class how everyone probably had a specific image or idea in mind to create these. It was cool how everyone took their own personality to create a feeling, but we all ended up with such similar movements and energies.

No comments:

Post a Comment