This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 25, 2011

My Bubble

When reading the sphere section, I found it a little difficult to follow as well as understnad because it just seemed to jump into the reading without any introduction on what it was going to be about, so it was definitely a ride to go on lol. However, when I continued to read through it all, I could start to get a picture of how it applies to life and each person and their body with the surroundings as well as the physical aspect of the feeling of spheres. Personally I would call it my "bubble" and I do have a bubble that very few people are allowed into. When someone comes into my "bubble" or sphere that I do not know, I tend to get very uncomfortable, quiet and in somecases shut down and try to become invisible. When reading about the different types of spheres, I noticed that if im in a space and no one is around or everyone is quiet, I'll notice the different sounds that go on in the room and such. On a side note, when I was reading about the posture alignment, I found myself automatically sitting up straight and adjusting my shoulders and neck, which I thought was funny becuase everytime people around me or when I talk about or notice the posture of others, I'll automatically adjust myself.

3 comments:

  1. Can you see how the 1700s clothing changes your "bubble?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely especially with the type of clothing that the women wore. the big skirts- for me anyways- seemed to make the women appear more grandoise (sp?) as well as more noticable, so if it were me wearing a dress of that nature, i would have to allow my "bubble" to become slighty bigger than what it is now in order to be able to communicate with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a prof once describe a woman moving from this time as "a ship in full sail." :)

    ReplyDelete