This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 11, 2011

Workout Log

I thought I'd add my own Workout Log here too, so you can have me as an example (hopefully a good one!)

So this week (and pretty consistently all semester) I've been going and lifting weights (and soaking in the hot tub) MWF here in the Boulder 24 Hr Fitness. We've been doing a system my husband learned from a Metro weight training class. Here's how this session has rolled so far:

1) Speed: rowing machine
2) Legs: extension machine (my knees HATE this one!)
3) Chest: press machine
4) Arms: dips machine
5) Shoulders: a machine I call the "chicken wing"
6) Special Focus: decline abs (with a twist!)
7) Hot Tub Soak

Most of the machines are these cool things called "Hoist" which moves you around as you lift--it's kinda like a fitness amusement park! Oh, and we're planning on adding some martial arts training time Fridays, as I'm not jetting off to school that day. I'll keep you posted with any interesting techniques!

Anyway, that's my workout week (aside from all the walking I do being carless) -- I look forward to reading your Observation exercises before tomorrow!    ~Prof. Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment