This is the blog for the Stage Movement Class at Metro State University in Denver. We'll be discussing our readings and viewings for class here.

Feb 5, 2011

Reading #1

Wow. The Magic Flute was a beautiful addition to the idea of release that we are learning. I couldn’t be happier to be pairing this Stage Movement course with Speaking Voice in Performance. The synthesis between the two courses is incredible. The focus on the emotional elements of letting go is equally as important to the physical actualization. Dr. Wygant talked to us briefly about the emotional release we might feel and I feel I can apply that to movement as well.

I really enjoyed doing the exercises in the book and frankly I feel kind of nerdy saying this, but all three energies are things I constantly feel and am aware of, but have never really put a title to. As other’s have stated, buoyancy seems to the easiest to relate to. Which of us hasn’t felt that sense of floating in the tub or pool? I feel I can best relate to potency in a tangible form when people are arguing me. There is the deep sense of passion that boils deep in my core. I would say radiance feels ‘sparkly’ to me, but I have the hardest time connecting with this particular energy.

Hahaha… Danielle, I’m totally with you when envisioning things to help you feel things more specifically.Oddly enough, thinking of food/texture helps me… Whips Yogurt = Buoyancy, Pop Rocks= Radiance and Insanely Hot Sauce = Potency… I do this when I sing too… Totally works for me though.

Hahaha...I'm weird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment